Through our foster care program, the physical health, social-emotional well-being, and spiritual wellness of children will be enriched.
Each child will be provided with a bedroom and restroom, and a learning, eating, and playing space.
Each child will be provided with clean water and three nutritious meals a day.
Each child will be provided with seasonally-appropriate and clean clothing for school and everyday wear.
– Each child will be provided with annual medical check-ups and additional care as needed.
– Each child will have an individualized healthcare plan.
– Each child’s right to confidentiality will be respected
– Each child will be enrolled in public school and additional tutoring and/or home-schooling will be available as needed.
– Each child will have access to books and computers at home.
– Each child will be taught organizational skills to ensure success in their educational endeavors and household responsibilities.
– Each child will be taught and encouraged to practice self-advocacy.
Positive and Safe Culture
– Each child’s growth and perseverance (big or small) will be celebrated.
– Each child’s struggles, fears, and feelings will be honored with active listening, honesty, reciprocated vulnerability, encouragement, and/or advice.
– Staff will foster a growth mindset in each child through direct instruction and modeling.
– Each child will be trained to respond to social problems as responsible citizens and followers of Christ
Each child will have a voice in Safehome’s rule-setting and decision making.
– Each child taken into the care of Safehome will be chosen based on need and not gender, skin color, disability, religion, or family origin.
– Safehome has a zero tolerance level for any form of abuse, racism, sexism, or ableism.
– Trauma informed care will be provided on a personal level through play therapy, group discussions, and one-on-one sharing.
– Behavioral Interventions and Supports
– Staff will use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to improve socio-emotional outcomes.
– Staff will use principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) to change socially significant behaviors.
– Safehome will organize bi-weekly trips to local restaurants, community events, and other entertainment opportunities.
Each child will be provided with a Christian education via Bible studies and mini-lessons.
Each child will attend the local church regularly.
Each child will be gifted a personal, age-appropriate Bible.
Routine singing, prayer, and Bible-reading will take place before bedtime.
Given hands-on training and support, by the age of 18, each child will demonstrate readiness for community participation, postsecondary education and/or employment and will acquire the organizational skills and the independent living skills needed for adulthood.
– Each child will pass the driver’s license examination and or master navigating public transportation.
– Each child will demonstrate skills to attain appropriate medical care.
– Each child will identify appropriate resources in the community to access in time of need.
– Each child will receive tutoring if needed.
– Each child will practice necessary higher education strategies such as time management, test preparation, study partner/group, note-taking techniques, special study locations, and stress reductions techniques.
– Each child will define interests and abilities related to potential career and job opportunities.
– Each child will set goals to attain their desired occupation.
– Each child will complete household responsibilities on time and according to designating criteria by managing their time appropriately and asking for help when needed.
– Each child will accept consequences of not following through with responsibilities by discussing such consequences and planning how to avoid such problems in the future.
Independent living skills
– Each child will have the opportunity to make meals for the household and thus demonstrate meal preparations skills and food safety awareness.
– Each child will demonstrate skills in laundering and the use of other essential household appliances.